DUOTONE Foil Wing är den senaste trenden inom foiling. Med denna vinge kan du på ett enkelt sätt hantera en foil-bräda i förhållanden med vågor eller på plattvatten. Foil wing Unit från Duotone är även enkel att ta höjd med när du kryssar.
Komplettera med leash, Kitepump och en foilbräda.
The new Unit will impress you from the first flight. Light, lifty and stable, yet incredibly easy to handle and control with our new rigid handles.
The design goal of the new Unit was simple, we wanted to create a wing with a stable drift that can follow you effortlessly without pulling left, right, up or down when depowered on the wave. At the same time, we wanted a wing that created more lift for improved hang time in jumps and easier handling in maneuvers, all of this combined with a boom-like control and steering. The results will blow your mind, the unit has proven to be our best performing wing to date with unrivalled flying performance.
The slightly wider span of the Unit offers great luffing stability when on the wave and significantly better hang time in the jumps. Yet the wingspan and dihedral still make it easy for less experienced riders, freeriding, cruising or rotational freestyle moves.
Increased segments to the leading edge and panel layout of the Unit have allowed designer Ken Winner to finely optimize canopy tension and twist. The new window layout has led to weight savings without compromising comfort and safety. Simulations on airflow have helped the final tweaks and attention to detail, giving the Unit such a light feel in your hands with an incredible lift through jibes and tacks and instant response when you need it!
Forget what you know about handle equipped wings, our new screwed-on rigid handle still covers pump-and-go simplicity but feels more responsive and direct than any handle wing you’ve touched.
From the superior flying behavior and handling all the way to packing down and the new bag the Unit wing ticks all the boxes to be your new favorite!
Information från DUOTONE
A lightweight and simple wing that packs down small, making it perfect for riders who travel and value a straightforward, very stable setup with incredible drifting abilities!
– PACKING SIZE UNIT: The whole setup is easy and fast to rig and packs down small, which makes it the perfect travel companion.
– WING GEOMETRY UNIT: Very powerful profile that packs a lot of low-end grunt to get you going in lighter wind than other wings. The large diameter leading edge and center strut provide the structure and stiffness needed to pump and generate power in light wind. Optimized canopy tension makes the Unit low-drag with minimal flutter, ideal for luffing while surfing. The Unit is also incredibly roll-stable when held from the front handle.
– CENTER STRUT: S-curved center strut to bring the front hand closer to the body, this ergonomic design makes it more comfortable to ride in general and offers a greater range of motion for enhanced wing control.
– WINDOW: Windows are super helpful and an important safety benefit, whether you‘re cruising around in traffic or surfing swells downwind.
– WEBBING HANDLES: Comfortable EVA covered webbing handles that are simple and lightweight, simply pump it up and go!
– Smaller sizes (4 and down) have a single handle for the front hand and two rear handles. The forward-most rear handle is ideal for getting yourself positioned when kneeling on the board or as a rear handle for smaller riders and can also be used to ride one-handed while you are foiling.
– Larger sizes (5 and up) offering two forward handles and two rear handles to give riders an even wider range of handling options in different wind conditions and for a wider range of rider sizes.
The Unit is a wing that is perfect for waves, downwind and freeride. The team worked hard to create a shape that is incredibly stable when totally depowered, as when you’re using a wave’s energy and the wing is just flagging behind. One key element is maximum performance and smooth handling, even in strong and gusty conditions. When depowered, the lightweight construction guarantees a smooth drift, making surfing swell or waves so incredibly easy and comfortable. During floating before take-off, the Unit delivers plenty of power to get you up on the foil fast. The amazing maneuverability makes jibes, freestyle and cruising in waves absolutely effortless. An ergonomically shaped strut improves the overall handling and the EVA covered handles offer the best grip and comfort you could possibly wish for. The stiff leading edge, with both a firm Dacron material and an optimized diameter, is the best solution for optimum performance. Due to the clean, tight canopy with great trailing edge/leech tension, the Unit is a really solid construction with lots of power and stability, the big window ensures great vision and safety. Size 3.3 and 4 are equipped with 3 handles, holding the middle handle, the wing can be flown with only one hand which makes it amazing to fly in especially waves and downwinders. Size 5 and 6 are equipped with 4 handles, the 2nd handle counted from the front is balanced in a way it can be flown with one hand too. The two back handles are designed for the back hand.
The whole setup is designed for super easy rigging: just inflate and go, that’s it. It also packs down small and is perfect for taking on adventures. Don’t let the simplicity fool you though, the performance will impress. Whether you are wave riding, cruising downwind, or just starting your wing journey, the Unit has you covered. Balanced, easy to use, fast to set up and suitable for a wide range of disciplines the Unit is the wing to choose if you want the performance in a small package.